Pakenham And Beaconsfield Teeth Whitening
Pakenham Dental Surgery Can Brighten Up Your Smile
If you’re located in Pakenham, Beaconsfield or the surrounding suburbs we can bring back the sparkle to your smile through our teeth whitening solutions. You can choose between an in-chair teeth whitening that improves the shade of your teeth within an hour or a home whitening kit that’s customized especially for you.
What causes teeth discolouration?
Have you lost the confidence to smile or laugh heartily for fear of exposing discoloured teeth? Teeth can darken over time due to several factors. Here are some of them:
- Dark-coloured food: including chocolate, berries, beets, pickles, candies, and popsicles. The same thing goes for beverages like black coffee or tea, red and white wine, and soda.
- Tar and nicotine: from tobacco and cigarette smoking.
- Improper dental hygiene: such as not brushing and flossing regularly.
- Certain medications or treatments: like high-blood pressure medications, antihistamines, and antipsychotics. This can also include head and neck radiation and chemotherapy. Exposure to tetracycline and doxycycline, types of antibiotics, during infancy or before birth, can result in discoloured teeth as well.
- Chlorhexidine: found in some mouthwash or mouth rinse products.
- Genetics: affects the thickness of your enamel, the white outer layer of your teeth.
- Trauma: such as being punched in the mouth or getting an injury from a fall.
- Aging: Your teeth naturally turn yellow as you get older. That’s because the enamel becomes thinner with brushing and the more yellowish dentin underneath appears.
Why should you choose professional teeth whitening?
- With teeth whitening, there’s no need to feel self-conscious because of discoloured teeth. Having brighter-looking teeth can help improve your appearance and general well-being. It can also help restore your confidence during job interviews and special occasions, such as your graduation, wedding, or anniversary.
- Having your teeth whitened by a trained dentist is safer than using over-the-counter (OTC) solutions that can damage your gums or increase your tooth sensitivity..
- The teeth whitening solution (also known as hydrogen peroxide) applied by an experienced dentist is a lot stronger and longer lasting than over the counter solutions.
- In-clinic teeth whitening is personalized unlike using do-it-yourself, OTC kits. With professional dental treatments, you’re guaranteed uniformly whitened teeth and dental trays that are custom-made just for you.
- Dentists with teeth whitening expertise can provide you with the steps on how to maintain good oral hygiene so you can prolong the effects of each whitening session.
Want to have whiter teeth?
Get in touch with our renowned specialists at Pakenham Dental Surgery. Since 1975, we’ve been serving locals in Pakenham, Beaconsfield, and surrounding Victorian state suburbs and rural towns.